- Who we are
- What Personal Data We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact data (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, post code, company name, department, job title);
- Purchase and customer service history (e.g., date of purchase, vehicle details, vehicle status);
- Financial data (e.g., payment data, bank account data; balance sheet; income; and credit score, billing data);
- Vehicle data (e.g., vehicle identification number (VIN), device and service usage, vehicle configuration details, vehicle technical data, vehicle location data);
- Online activities data (e.g., internet protocol address, browsing actions and usage patterns, login data, cookies, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology or devices you use to access this website).
- Failure to provide required data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How We Use Personal Data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Where you have given us your consent, such as when you provide it to us through online forms:
- to conduct direct marketing; and
- to inform you about our activities and upcoming product information, services, our newsletters.
- Where necessary to fulfill obligations under a contract with you or take steps linked to a contract with you:
- to fulfill the terms and agreements of order or service contract; and
- to provide you with customer support, respond to your enquiries, fulfill your requests and provide you with customer services (e.g., maintenance order, repair your vehicle).
- Where necessary to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests:
- to send your personal data to distributors/dealers as requested (e.g., for business purposes, appointments to purchase vehicle related products);
- to follow up with customer’s enquiry/request;
- to improve our websites, applications, services, and customer experiences; and
- to ensure IT security including detecting and preventing fraud.
In addition, we may also use your personal data when required to meet legal obligations.
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- Isuzu group companies
Please refer to a full list of Isuzu group companies from the link below: Principal Overseas Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Offices
- Isuzu authorized distributors/dealers
Please refer to a full list of Isuzu authorized distributors/dealers from the link below: Distributors Network
- Third party service providers
Please refer to the categories of third party service providers as below:
- IT hosting vender;
- Cloud service vender; and
- Other disclosures
We may also share your personal data with relevant recipients for the following purposes:
- to comply with applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- to cooperate with law enforcement or for other legal reasons; and
- to protect your rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates or subsidiaries, us or others.
- Transfer of Your Personal Data
- Retention of Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or to meet any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, reporting or contractual obligations. Our retention periods are determined considering: the purpose for which we process your personal data, the nature, sensitivity and amount of the data, the potential risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of the data, the applicable laws or regulations.
- Non-Personal Data
- Security of Data
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your Rights as the Data Subject
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. In particular, the applicable data protection laws may grant you the following rights:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction of your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of processing your personal data;
- request transfer of your personal data;
- right to withdraw consent.
- About Cookies
- Third-party links
- Legal proceedings
- Data privacy manager
- Policy updates